The Canadian Trade and Investment Facility for Development (CTIF) is a seven-year, $11.63 million project funded by the Government of Canada. Its main goal is to support trade and investment policy reforms that promote inclusive and sustainable growth in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
CTIF has been established to:
- offer a responsive, flexible, and timely platform to the trade and development challenges of the Asia-Pacific region
- expand the choices of models and approaches available to addressing these trade and development challenges
- provide independent advice and support to the design, negotiation, and implementation of national trade and investment strategies and policy reforms.
CTIF provides technical expertise and targeted interventions for trade and investment policy reform initiatives. These activities include support for policy research (e.g., course development), knowledge translation (e.g., training and advisory support) and stakeholder engagement (e.g., public workshops, government consultations).
The aim of CTIF is to:
- improve skills, knowledge and tools to support inclusive growth, competitiveness or economic integration
- increase ability to plan, develop and implement inclusive policies, legislation, and regulations supporting increased market access for businesses, funding for infrastructure, or access to finance
- increase capacity to engage with government institutions on trade and investment issues, or infrastructure issues
- increase capacity of individual firms (especially women-led) through responsible business conduct to participate in and benefit from economic growth, women’s empowerment, and increased access to markets and finance.
The CTIF is a joint venture between Cowater and the Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC).
Due to the volume of online applications received, CTIF is temporarily not receiving new applications until further notice. If you are interested in making an application for CTIF technical assistance support for the April 2020-March 2021 period, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you when we are available to receive applications for that period.