- 10 female and male employees trained as brewmasters;
- Improved operations to allow the brewery to export to new markets;
- Environmental management plan;
- Occupational health and safety administration policy;
- Compliance with phytosanitary and other regulatory standards;
- Gender policy.
Problem being addressed by CTIF
The project will address the lack of certified brewmasters in Bhutan and address the country’s high youth unemployment. The country has strong economic ties with India, particularly as the major trade partner. The project will aim to diversify the trading partners of Bhutan.
Policy issues being addressed by CTIF
This project will advance the Royal Government of Bhutan’s economic policy objectives by supporting the growth of private sector enterprises in Bhutan, diversifying export markets, and increasing the employability of Bhutanese women and youth.
The project expects to contribute to poverty reduction by providing young people with skills to enter the labour market and contribute to women’s economic empowerment through trainings of women in brewing.